Thursday, August 27, 2009

Last night Darian worked on his short film/short story lessons and I got a brain storm that would "change up" things in the class, especially fifth period. Yesterday, I asked, "How many students have another English class besides this one?" All but one person raised his hand. (It's no wonder these students have trouble concentrating in my class at the end of the day.

Anyway, last night I made several versions of crossword puzzles and word searches so the students might have another option to learn.

In my third period class today, students did the work but were quite chatty about stuff that had little to do with the class. I did, however, have fun teasing several students and I think they had fun getting back at me.

The forth period class was great yesterday with the word associations, but not so good today with the crosswords. I'm planning on doing more stuff like the association activity.

The fifth period class was great today with the puzzles. I also announced that each individual will have to decide how they are going to learn root words. They were given three options:
  1. Do more structured activities like the puzzles.
  2. Make flash cards and get spot tested by Darian or I.
  3. Author a personal plan in their journal and have it approved by me.

Well, some teacher friends from Northeastern and Winchester are waiting to have dinner at Little Sheba's. More later.

No comments:

Post a Comment